Brightlingsea is expected to accommodate an additional 174 dwellings by 2033, according to the draft version of the Tendring District Local Plan.
The number is part of a total of 10,627 dwellings allowed for in the Tendring area over the next 16 years. According to Brightlingsea Town Council, the total for the town is comparatively low compared to other towns and parishes in the district, and is contained within two sites – Robinson Road and the Marina at the Waterside.
Additional sites for 991 dwellings were put forward for development in Brightlingsea, but were not included following representations from Brightlingsea’s town and district councillors. The sites were:
- Land West of Lodge Lane, Brightlingsea – total 160
- Land at Brightlingsea Hall Farm, West of Church Road – total 306
- Land North of Church Road – total 230
- Land off Morses Lane – total 270
- Land East of Lime Street – total 25
The proposed numbers of dwellings for the various towns and parishes are:-
- Clacton – 2,777
- Harwich – 898
- Frinton, Walton, Kirby Cross – 1,009
- Manningtree, Lawford, Mistley – 1,138
- Brightlingsea – 174
- Colchester Fringe/Garden Community – 1,409
- Alresford – 249
- Elmstead Market – 154
- Great Bentley – 250
- Little Clacton – 174
- Thorpe le Soken – 138
- Weeley – 318
- Smaller Rural Settlements – 262
- Small Sites Windfall Allowance – 1,399
A copy of the Draft Tendring District Local 2013-2033 and Beyond can be found at:- https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/planning/local-plans-and-policies/view-our-local-plan and can be seen at the Parish Hall in Victoria Place.