A small friendly group of like minded people from Brightlingsea. exchanging views and discussing books.
Friendly, Open, Sharing, Not too Serious, Participation
Membership can be “in person” or “online” many members follow the books and discussion but are unable to attend regularly.
We aim to be inclusive to allow those unable to meet in person to still belong to a bookclub.
• Books will be chosen by the members at the meeting. Books can be hard copies, audible, or kindle.
What will you need to do to participate?
• Read the book between the 1st of the month and the 4th Wednesday of the month
• Be prepared to suggest future books
• Write down important page numbers (or bookmark e-reader). If there are parts of the book that made an impact on you or that you think may come up in the discussion, write down the page numbers so that you can access the passages easily during the book club discussion.
Book reviews are open-ended and help people talk about themes and how the book relates to deeper issues.
• Everyone is encouraged to join the debate and conversation – everyone’s opinions matter.
• Always allow others time to consider their responses, if someone doesn’t have a response that’s OK, someone else will!
All notifications are via Facebook Group Page
Participants are asked not to make dismissive statements toward other people’s comments. Even if you disagree, take the conversation back to the book rather than saying “That’s ridiculous,” etc. Making people feel embarrassed or defensive is a sure way to shut down the conversation.
NO PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED OUTSIDE OF THE BOOKCLUB GROUP BUT WILL BE SHARED AMONGST ALL MEMBERS. BY PARTICIPATING YOU UNDERSTAND THIS.