Brightlingsea Late Night Shopping event is back – and should see the town busy and bustling on Friday, December 3.
In 2020 the popular event was cancelled due to the pandemic, but this year it's back with a host of businesses and organisations opening their doors and offering festive treats and activities for Brightlingsea residents.
New this year is a Christmas Mini Market which can be found in Victoria Place along the slip road beside the fountain garden. Stalls will be there from 2pm-6.30pm, selling a wide range of food, drink gifts and helping to raise money for local charities.
The Rotary Club's Santa Sleigh - outside Spirals
And although there'll be no children's rides this year, Brightlingsea Rotary Club will be parking their sleigh outside Spirals – complete with Santa – who will be more than happy to have his picture taken with children. Look out, too, for the Brightlingsea Info team, who'll be out looking for more subscribers to our newsletter – with a Little Boat Gifts voucher on offer for one lucky subscriber who's on the mailing list by the end of the year.
See below for our lists of what shops are open for the Brightlingsea Late Night Shopping event, and what's on offer at the Mini-Market. If we've missed anyone off, email us and we'll update the list. Keep an eye on the Shop Brightlingsea Facebook page for more local shopping information.
Other seasonal events include the switch-on of the town centre Christmas lights – organised by Brightlingsea Town Council and the Business Association at dusk on Wednesday, December 1, followed by the unveiling of Christmas lights on the Hard by the Colne Yacht Club on Sunday, December 5 at 5pm. Mulled wine and mince pies will be on offer at the latter event, and the Motley Crew will be on hand with festive wassails.
Brightlingsea Late Night Shopping around the town – open until 8pm
- The Tanning Lounge – festive nibbles and drinks, gift vouchers
- Lilly Wells Vintage Clothing Shop – mulled wine and mince pies
- Brightlingsea Hospice Support Group – hand-made decorations, table centrepieces and a raffle for a luxury hamper
- No 8 Hair & Beauty – mulled wine and sweets for children
- The Kings Head – craft and gift fair selling hand-made gifts from local makers, open from 2-7pm
- Brightlingsea Info – We'll be out and about with leaflets with your chance to win £25 to spend in Little Boat Gifts
- Spirals – the Rotary Club Sleigh will be parked outside. Bring the kids to have their picture taken with Santa
- Church Lads and Girls Brigade – visit their fundraising stall outside St James Church
- River Colne Food – festive nibbles
- Brightlingsea Library – hosting special festive children's activities
- Little Boat Gifts – open for gifts and more
- The Autumn Centre – will have a stall in front of the shop
- Brightlingsea Museum – open from 3-8pm with tea and coffee available
- Smiths the Butchers – open and ready to take in Christmas orders
- Stoneridge Estate Agents – mulled wine, mince pies and surprises for children
- Joy Thai Spices – open for spicy Christmas treats
- The Lifecare Mobility Shop
- Lifecare Home & Living – festive treats and gifts
- Vines Bistro – Simon Baum will be singing live and there'll be mulled cider, a jewellery stall and treats for the children
- Four B's – mulled wine, face painting, mince pies, mini massage teasers
- The Railway Tavern – the pub's famous Christmas Tree lights will be switched on at 7pm, aided by the Motley Crew with a festive tune or two. There'll be a collection for the Brightlingsea First Responders
Christmas Mini Market in Victoria Place - open from 2-6.30pm
- Entreats Dog Treats – natural dog treats
- Cheese & Pieman – pies, sausage rolls, pasties & cheese
- Christmas Santa Game – Christmas Santa game for children
- Christmas Soft Game – Christmas soft toy game for children
- Vegelicious of Hadleigh – plants, Christmas wreaths, tools and garden & sundries
- Susan Lane Liquorice – home-made liquorice
- Susan Lane Fudge – home-made fudge
- Brightlingsea Allotments – jams, chutneys and pickles
- Soap n Scrubs – soap, bath bombs, bath salts, gift sets/hampers, shampoo bars, candles & body scrubs
- Jack Rabbit Brewery – keg beer, t shirts & bucket hats
- Bolivian Pastries – cakes, pastries and Bolivian Breads
- English Spirits Distillery – award-winning bottled spirits and liqueurs
- Plastic Free Abode – plastic-free alternatives to everyday household items, kitchen, bathroom, pet and outdoor items
- St Helena Hospice – Christmas-decorations etc
- Marella – scented candles, wax melts, reed diffusers etc
- Brightlingsea Lido – tombola CDs, books and raffle
- Motley Crew – Singing festive wassails @5pm